We had the oil changed and tires rotated on my car a few
days before we left Eden. We needed to
have it done again. When we got up this
morning, I called the Chevrolet dealer and made an appointment to have that
done. As we loaded the car, an
electrical storm was starting. The
Chevrolet dealer was only a mile and a half from the hotel. By the time we got there, the storm was going
pretty hard. I was glad to sit in their
waiting room and watch the storm rather than having to drive in it. By the time they finished the car, the storm
was over. Ironically, they gave us a
free car wash. We drove the dirty car
through the wash. After the wash, the
car didn’t look much different. It is
going to have to be hand washed and scrubbed.
I will be calling Carl when I get home.
There are no pictures from this morning since I was
driving. We stopped to eat lunch in
Lincoln, NE. As we turned in the
restaurant, we saw the big sign announcing that all the wire and guard posts
across the road were the Nebraska State Penitentiary. With all the razor wire they had, I wouldn’t
want to try to climb out of there.
We saw field after field of corn and some kind of bean. We also saw sunflowers, lots and lots of
sunflowers.
At some point, I don’t remember where, we passed a
beautifully restored Chevrolet truck.
Danny said it was a 67, 68, or 69.
Jonathan will probably know which it is.
It had been painted a beautiful Carolina blue.
| Nebraska State Penitentiary |
| More corn fields |
| Sunflowers |
| Beautifully restored truck. I loved the Carolina blue. |
That was my one complaint this weekend. The WIFI was horrible. We both ended up just disconnecting.
ReplyDelete